[CQ-Contest] energy drinks

Ryan Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:30:09 PST 2009

The choice for those who wake up for long hours on end for  LAN
parties (computer gaming) is bawls.

http://www.bawls.com/

Personally? I just have Diet Pepsi max and a sleep strategy.

But I think the adrenaline of a good contest is good enough.  I used
to work the night shift and coffee did nothing for me.  But during a
contest I can remain awake for a long time with no problems.

Ryan, N2RJ

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:14 AM, N7DF <n7df at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are these a boon to contesting or not?
> They seem to be much more effective than coffee or caffine pills but, at least for me, the crash after they start to wear off is really a problem.
> Also, there are beginning to be dire health warnings in some quarters about their usage.
> Maybe we could have an evaluation by contesters that have used various energy drinks as to their relative effectiveness and after effects.

Ryan A. Jairam,