[CQ-Contest] Rules

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 03:23:13 PST 2009

Quote from 3830:

>"Dont usually operate this contest or arrl dx because of my dislike of arrl rules not allowing dx to dx qso's."

While there's certainly no love lost between ARRL and me, I think they have the right, maybe even the responsibility, to their own contest structures. After all, it's primarily U.S. hams who buy the ARRL books and memberships (and patronize QST advertisers) who keep the League (not to mention the IARU) afloat.

Those of us who have paid money to ARRL in exchange for goods and services all these years fully subsidize thousands of foreign ARRL contest entrants who haven't contributed a dime to the organization. Fine by me.

Contests would certainly be boring if they all had the same structure.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Atlantic City