[CQ-Contest] New furnace... off topic, but related to contesting

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Dec 10 13:18:11 PST 2009

The serviceman just left after installing a new furnace controller. I am considering replacing the P.O.S. furnace that has kept the repair department in an unforecasted revenue stream the last 5 years.

There has been advancements in technology in the past 17 years. This includes a variable speed DC blower motor upgrade from a multi-speed AC motor. Does anyone have any experience in the newer technologies in regard to my HF gear? Specifically, a variable speed DC motor sounds like it might be an RFI generator.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN