[CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

David J. Sourdis - HK1A hk1kxa at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:19:06 PST 2009

I will be interesting explaining to an outsider about the distance. Instead of 0, 1, 2 and 3 pointers, because after you explain this, by the time you start talking about multipliers, the interest is long gone. "Too complicated"

"I covered half a million kilometers into 120 countries and 37 zones out of forty". It will make more sense in many ways to a newcomer and a second way of measuring performance without harming the object of our passion. Interesting experiment.

A speedometer can be set, just like that: klicks per hour!!! Running at 3 per minunte with EU from zone nine would be 1.620.000 km/hour, roughly 1.000.000 mph...

73

David
HK1A
EC5KXA
ex-HK1KXA

PS: Better to use kilometers IMO. It's time to switch over :o)