[CQ-Contest] Stew Perry Coming soon

Tree tree at kkn.net
Fri Dec 25 09:38:24 PST 2009

Women, Men and Others of the Contesting Realm,

In less than 24 hours, the 14th Stew Perrry TopBand DX Challenge sponsored
by the Boring people in Oregon will be filling the 160 meter band.  We have
arranged for the Canadian contest to occur on a different weekend, so there
should be no QRM to those trying to work far places.

Rules can be found here:

http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html

The list of plaques (a very long list) can be found here:

http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/plaques.txt

Many many thanks to all of the plaque sponsors.  If you would like to sponsor
a plaque at the 11th hour (or even the 12th one) - let us know and we will add
you to the list.

There are lots of plaques for everyone to set their sights on.  I count at
least six or seven plaques that are likely to be won from the west coast of
the USA alone...  that's several more than any other 160 meter contest ever
sponsors.

Al, K7CA/CE1 has been heard on the band with a big signal and looks to be the
favorite to win this thing.  Maybe VK6VZ or VK6GX will get a good opening and
give him a run for his money...  or perhaps GM3POI will go nuts again and win
his 3rd or 5th Stew.

So - unwrap your new noise cancelling devices you found under the XMAS tree
(and cut the cords off of the ones that generate new noises) and be counted
on the band tomorrow.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR