[CQ-Contest] Log checking and deadlines

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:42:49 EST 2009

Hi Mike

I do like the idea of bonus points for early submissions.  When its a
tight race, every little bit helps.

However, I do take issue with having everyone use the same logging
software.  We do have a standard format called Cabrillo, and everyone
is expected to follow that format.  In some cases, the contest sponsor
specifies the formatting of the file they expect.  If submitted logs
that don't match that standard are rejected, I expect in very short
order the situation would get a whole lot better.  OR - send the
person an email indicating their logs cannot be processed due to
non-compliant formatting.  Make them fix the problem, chase the
author(s) in question, or switch to complaint software.  They will get
the message in short order of what is expected!

Tom - VE3CX