[CQ-Contest] NA February Sprint

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:11:06 EST 2009

W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:

> What is the percentage of entries in the Sprint W vs E?  That might be a
> more telling statistic.  Having lots of people on close to you gives you a
> bunch of loud easy contacts on 80m and 40 as well.

You're almost on the right track, Mike. Look at how the number of east coast
entries in the Sprint has gone down compared to west coast entries in the last
20-25 years. The east coast was much more competitive when they had more
stations to work in their backyards. Seems to me that the east coast contest
clubs need to beat the bushes to increase activity, just like the NCCC has done
on the west coast. It boggles the mind that states like MD have become rare
multipliers in Sprint !

73,
Steve, N2IC