[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX RTTY - change the rules!

Jim Preston jpreston1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 16 14:25:59 EST 2009

Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> There is no shortage of RTTY activity, multipliers, or low-band
> activity.  Maybe it's time to make scoring exactly the same for
> CW/SSB/RTTY WPX contests.  Less confusion, more synergy (i.e. log
> checking/scoring software).
>
> Can't be done in CQWW RTTY unless they make the *exchange* the same.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C

Maybe it's time to give points for same-country contacts in CQWW CW &
SSB, so we don't have to make zero-point contacts just to get mults.

In the WPX RTTY contest, over 60 percent of my QSO's were with US
stations. Without those contacts, the contest would have been very
boring for me. Changing the rules might actually cause participation to
drop.

Jim N6VH