[CQ-Contest] The Winning Edge

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Thu Feb 19 14:18:45 EST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Steve Sacco wrote:

> Passion and perseverance may be more important to success than mere
> talent. In a world of instant gratification, grit may yield the
> biggest
> payoff of all.

Hear hear! I've dealt with many extremely talented people who are for
lack of a better word - worthless. Had a few work for me. Talent
without drive is no gift - more of a curse.

If more people would spend more time bettering themselves rather than
trying to pull others down, the general situation would improve.

The latter of course, is orders of magnitude easier.

-73 de Mike N3LI -