[CQ-Contest] ADIF vs CABRILLO VK SHIRES CONTEST

VK4TI vk4ti at wia.org.au
Tue Feb 24 15:48:34 PST 2009

Greetings All,

When we setup the rules for the new VK Shires contest  www.vkshires.info  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vkshires/ we thought that Cabrillo should be the standard log - as this is in common use worldwide in major contests...We have found it frustrating to contact anyone who has expertise in the area of Cabrillo - So prior to the contest I am wondering about alternatives...there are plenty of Cabrillo/ADIF convertors...ADIF offers another advantage in that it will be used in a future proposed database of shires worked - what is the general feeling regarding either format ?

Trent VK4TI