[CQ-Contest] PU2FAN apologizes about selfspoting.

Luc, PY8AZT py8azt at dxbrasil.net
Wed Feb 25 11:26:39 PST 2009

Em 25/02/2009 08:41, Chris Smith escreveu:
> I am sorry guys but publicly accusing someone of cheating on this reflector and blacken
> there name is totally wrong, in the case of this young PY station he may likely chose not to enter
> another contest because of it, and we wonder why there is no young blood coming into this hobby ?.

Chris

The report made by K1TTT should be public and widely open. That is right
thing to do. But that does not mean we can judge someone based solely on
these evidences.

In this case, it was clear that the operator was not trying to hide or
disguise the seftspot. However, many cheats aren't successful in doing
seftspot just because of the work of Dave, K1TTT.

As we find something out of "fair play" among Brazilian operators, we
guide them on best practices in Contest.

For sure, we'll see more activity from PU2FAN in future contests.

73, Luc
ZY7C Team member
PT7AG (also PY8AZT, PX8C, ZZ8Z)
LABRE, ARRL, Uirapuru DX Club&  Araucaria DX Group Member