[CQ-Contest] Alpha 77DX

saul_abrams at dps.state.ny.us saul_abrams at dps.state.ny.us
Fri Jan 16 15:16:43 EST 2009

I posted this message on the Amps Site but got no answers.  I assume there
must be several
contesters out there using the 77DX.  Thanks for any info.
I recently got an Alpha 77DX that was factory refurbished,
and would like to know the working parameters that other
users are observing.  The 77DX has the hypersil
4.4kV transformer (not a PeterDahl).  I was wondering
 what you see as key-up voltage, key-down voltage
at full power, how much drive you use,
and grid current on the meter
(Yes, I know it reads 2 or 2.5 times real current).
 I get about 4000 V down to 3300V with 80 watts of
 drive and about 200 ma on the meter.
 Thanks for any advice.  73  Saul  K2XA