[CQ-Contest] When is a deadline a deadline ?

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:24:59 EST 2009

We have discussed, ad nauseum, compressing the log submission deadlines in
some contests. Let's not stray into that topic (again !).
However, we should consider the other extreme. For CQWW, for example, we
have adequate log submission deadlines - December 1 (SSB) and January 15
(CW). Contest sponsors have traditionally allowed some leniency for special
(and not-so-special) situations. So, when is a deadline a deadline ? At what
point should a log simply be rejected by the contest sponsor due to
lateness, assuming there is are no special circumstances accounting for the
delay ?

73,
Steve, N2IC