[CQ-Contest] CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:02:48 EST 2009

David Kopacz wrote:
> 6Y1V did not submit its log to CQ Magazine for the CQWW CW contest in
> 2008.
>
> I personally thank my guest operators Kelly VE4XT and Gary W5ZL for
> granting me the flexibility to make this decision.
>
> I am not in agreement with the CQWW committee's decision to publish logs
> without the implicit consent of the log owner...

Did you obtain explicit consent from Kelly and Gary, prior to the contest, that
you would not be submitting their log ?

I feel really bad for Kelly and Gary, having put in such a great effort, only to
have it go unpublished, due to your warped sense of honor.

And, by the way, how does being a part-owner of a station and callsign in
Jamaica make you the log owner of all efforts using that callsign ?  You may be
legally responsible for the operation, but that does not make you the sole log
owner. IMHO, Kelly and Gary are just as much owners of the log as you.

Steve, N2IC