[CQ-Contest] [Re: CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs]

Barry w2up3 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 30 11:45:33 EST 2009

I don't see the problem with open logs, unless you have something to
hide, and it isn't necessarily cheating.  What you want to keep private
may be perfectly legal, such as your "secret strategy."

Regarding operating from a potential multiplier and publicly announcing
you're not going to submit your log actually enhances the ability for
others to pad their logs with a 6Y QSO.

How about this... if 6Y1V wants to put in a big contest effort, but not
have his logs made public, make a deal with the CQWW Committee to submit
the log as a check-log, with the understanding it will remain unpublished.

Barry W2UP

David Gilbert wrote:
> I don't think there's anything "wrong" with KY1V deciding not to submit
> his log ... for any reason.  I do, however, think it's misguided and
> inconsistent of him to make a public spectacle of it in order to decry
> the presumption of guilt as his rationale for doing so, when the log
> checking process itself involves far more presumption of guilt than does
> making logs public.
>
> 73,
> Dave   AB7E
>

> Michael Coslo wrote:
>
>> Why on earth would anyone even complain about David not submitting? He
>> doesn't like one of the rules,  acted completely within his rights as
>> an Amateur radio operator by operating in the contest, didn't submit
>> his log,  and just mentioned it here, with his reason.
>> -73 de Mike N3LI -

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA