[CQ-Contest] Contesting Compendium - help needed

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Jul 2 12:44:25 PDT 2009

Hi John - the best way to do that, and one which I have been
attempting to pursue, is to contact the authors and see if they have
the original writer's text in whatever format - Word, WordPerfect,
TEXX or whatever.  Anything that is capable of being converted into
ASCII text is usable, because MediaWiki uses its own text-based
markup language (plus a subset of HTML) to format articles for the
wiki.  I can do the grunt work if I have the text and any images or
figures, in any of the usual graphic formats.

In case anyone's wondering, I have checked with ARRL, and been
advised that the copyright on articles published in NCJ reverts to
the author after that single use, so authors are free to permit their
work to be reprinted in the Compendium.

So, the bottom line is, if there's something you think is still
current and choice, we'll take it in any form we can get.    We would
like to have the author's explicit permission to display the article,
rather than just linking to it on another site - the reason for this
is that we're trying to act as conservators for the good stuff that
is now scattered all over the net, so that people can have access to
it even if the original site goes away.

How about it guys - nominate your favorite articles, or write something new.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting Compendium Editor and chief bit lackey
http://wiki.contesting.com