[CQ-Contest] Unearthing buried treasure at the Contesting Compendium

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Jul 7 03:46:05 PDT 2009

It's summertime, and a lot of us are spending more time outside than
at the computer, but we're continuing to pursue the Compendium's goal
of finding and making available the best contesting information.  You
can help - do you have a particularly useful piece of
contesting-related information that you recall finding in some
unlikely place (often on someone's personal web page)?  Drop me a
line, tell me the URL, and we'll do the rest.

This week at the Compendium:

Continued work on
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Common_mode_chokes>Common mode
chokes, adding more test results and choke details

Added
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Accurately_locating_your_contest_station>Accurately
locating your contest station

Added
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Operating_the_sprints>Operating
the sprints and N3BB's article on
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Operating_the_sprints>improving
in the CW Sprint

Added
<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Cables_and_connectors>Pinouts
for serial and USB cables, plus a link to an extensive Internet list
of other pinouts.

Added <http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Xtreme_contesting>Xtreme
contesting rules

Added