[CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA

Richard DiDonna NN3W nn3w at cox.net
Tue Jul 28 05:03:41 PDT 2009

I agree.  This is what happens when you allow the emergency whacker types to dictate policy at IARU meetings.  They ignore wide swaths of band which go completely unused and then complain when there is actual activity on the bands in a contest on the weekends...

Its absolutely impossible to contain stations within 25 KHz - especially when you have a couple thousand stations in the test.

In any event, the IARU R1 band plan shows "contest preferred" between 7000 and 7025, but does not say contesting not allowed above 7025.

The "plan" states as follows:

7000 - 7025	200	CW, contest preferred
7025 - 7040	200	CW, 7030 kHz - QRP Centre of Activity

Since I says preferred and not forbidden, its clear that the WAE contest sponsor incorrectly read the rules.

I'd say play ball.

73 Rich NN3W