[CQ-Contest] WAEDC CW: only for Extra class USA / You have to be kidding

Joerg Puchstein joerg at dl8wpx.de
Tue Jul 28 08:17:29 PDT 2009

Hello Doug et al,

Thank you for your concerns and the additional promotion :-)

Actually, we were forced to adapt our rules to some recent changes in the IARU region 1 recommendations and the R1 bandplan. Being an official member of the IARU R1, we as contest sponsor are more or less bound to these recommendations.

Unfortunately I did overlook the fact which is now creating a small uproar on the cq-contest reflector. But don't worry too much. Common sense will prevail and we will widen our CW section on 40m by a couple of kHz (7030 being the new boundary) and thus, allowing everybody to participate in the CW part of this beautiful contest. Otherwise split operation would become necessary which would certainly foil the good intentions of the IARU R1.

Tonight I will release another update of these rules reflecting the announced changes. You will then be able to find them here:

http://waedc.de , or directly
http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/fedcw.htm

Best 73 de Joerg, DL8WPX
WAE DX Contest Manager