[CQ-Contest] NSL Week 13 - Announcement

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:06:30 PDT 2009

Week #13 of the NCCC Sprint Ladder (NSL) --  this Thursday night
0230-0300Z(Friday UTC).

See  http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.htm for general info.

See http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.htm for schedule.

Frequencies:
20 m      14030-14045 (avoid W1AW at 14047.5)
40 m      7030-7045 (avoid W1AW at 7047.5 and PSK at 7038)
80 m      3530-3545

DUPES: Same-band dupes allowed as long as you have 1 intervening QSO, or
immediately if you move to another band.
MULTS: Count by band (i.e. like NAQP)
POWER: 100 watt limit.
SCORES: Report scores to http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

The Slow NS (SNS) occur half an hour earlier.  Note: Please restrict code
speed in SNS to about 18 wpm or less.

Reminder: Special NAQP practice Fri night US:
        Ken, N6RO has organized a full scale NAQP practice, same times as
NS/NSL, but NCJ-NAQP rules apply.

Comments on Week 12 Scores  (to be listed shortly on on results page).
    -- N4OGW has nailed first place in the East of Ms. River division this
year after a heartbreaking 3rd place last year due to a Thursday trip out of
town, leaving Tor with only 11 of the required 12 minimum weeks.  In the
NCCC division, N6RO, our perpetual winner, will be on top again, as will
K7SS in the W of Ms. River division.
    -  The close competiion for '09 is in our Newcomers Division, where N0KK
and N8EA are too close to call.  This fact may not be obvious from the score
tables except by noting that N8EA has participated in only 9 weeks and
posted the highest weekly score of 2345 last week, against N0KK's 1736. Next
week Joe will drop a low Wk 4 score of 768 points.

73, Bill N6ZFO
NS Ladder Contest Director
NCCC Sprint Ladder (NSL)