[CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale

w1md at cfl.rr.com w1md at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 29 17:36:57 PDT 2009

Well, except at it's inception back in the early 80's the "Packet Spotting Network" was just that...x.25 Amateur Radio Packet Spotting. We tend to forget the roots of things...of course I happened to be able to participate first hand in the some of the first Packet Spotting networks in New England. later it migrated to a mixed mode with internet taking up more and more of the network load.

73,

Marty
W1MD