[CQ-Contest] S+P rates: apples vs oranges?

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Wed Jun 3 13:39:27 PDT 2009

Stop the music!

I think the posted comments are referring to two separate "rates."

One is "pure" S+P (no SO2R) rate.  The other is S+P rate on the 2nd radio while running
on the first.

Randy's comment about 87 in the first hours is for PURE S+P...NOT for S+P while SO2R running.

Is that phenomenal?  Depends....on other factors, some already mentioned.  Maybe yes,
maybe no.

In the ARRL CW test this year, I had a 73 hour while "pure" S+P...but I was QRP (on 20m).
The band was hot and everybody was "fresh meat."  Makes things a lot easier....as does
a great QTH.

Anyhow, my point is that contributors need to define which "S+P rate" they are referring to.

And if I am the only one who thinks that folks were discussing "two different" S+P rates, I
apologize for this posting.

de Doug KR2Q