[CQ-Contest] Band plans

Keith Bainbridge vk6xh at arach.net.au
Sun Jun 7 06:11:06 PDT 2009

Indonesian "amateurs" use ssb down to 7010 on a daily basis. We hear
them all the time here in VK6. We cannot work RTTY, PSK etc because of
the ssb traffic going on. I wrote a letter to their national body some
years ago and was officially told " amateurs in Indonesia can and will
use whatever frequency they choose to complete the contact"
Many nights there are many of them on ssb on 6995 etc so there is no
chance. To say amateurs MUST comply with their countries bandplans is a
joke.
I also believe that a large number of the signal we hear on the bands
are not amateurs , as an Indonesian friend of mine spent several hours
here one night listening across 40 and she reckoned she never heard a
callsign.
what chance to we VK6's have ?
73
Keith