[CQ-Contest] Band Plans

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sun Jun 7 18:05:32 PDT 2009

EW1AR/NP3D continued:

>Maybe I am wrong, still remembering those old good days in ex USSR,
>where we were not allowed to SSB below 7.040 Mhz

Actually, the good old days continue in Russia.  I can't find
anything on SRR web site about current Russian licence,
but could find these.  Maybe somebody could share with us
a more authoritative reference:

http://www.qrz.ru/beginners/ins.zip
http://www.qrz.ru/beginners/rk9abj-reglam.zip

And from BFRR, 7040 is apparently still a boundary in Belarus:

http://www.bfrr.net/index.php?sid=3115de6a3a20680273f975743521c54f

Ultimately for this sort of thing, the only authoritative
reference is the telecom authority of that place, but not all
make this information easily available, or if they do, can be
bit of a challenge for outside world to find.

I'm increasingly finding it hard to not believe that this
7040-is-a-limit thing has been said so many times that
many take it to be the truth & that has helped make the
IARU Region 1 band plan the monster that it has become.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.