[CQ-Contest] Louisiana Contest Club entering 2nd year!

Scott Dickson, W5WZ W5WZ at arrl.net
Fri Jun 12 09:21:15 PDT 2009

To Our Friends in the Contesting Community:

Thank you to all who have encouraged and been supportive of the Louisiana
Contest Club during our first year.  We know that our club is still in its
infancy.  The concept that literally began as a sketch and notes on a napkin
during Dayton 2008 has taken hold and become a reality.  Here is an update
of our activity during the past year.

We have grown to 35 members, (31 in LA, 1 in AR, 1 in TX, 1 in PA, & 1 in
VA).  Sadly, we also report our first Silent Key, WD5TL.

We built the website www.LouisianaContestClub.org  Thanks to NA5Q, our
webmaster!

We became an ARRL-affiliated club.

Just 1 week after formal organization with 8 members, we fielded two teams
for the Aug 2008 NAQP SSB, placing 14th and 33rd in team competition.

We acquired the club call N5LCC.  N5LCC was active during the Louisiana QSO
Party in Feb 2009.

We acquired the domain www.N5LCC.com  to point to
www.LouisianaContestClub.org to simplify accessing our website

We sponsored the CQ WPX CW plaques for 2008 & 2009 - High Single-op North
America.  Congratulations to ZF2AM operated by John Barcroft, K6AM for
winning the 2008 Plaque.

Several members operated ARRL DX SSB at W5WMU.  Thanks Pat for the
opportunity!

Our members have been radio-active!  See their scores at
http://www.louisianacontestclub.org/scores.htm

Several members attended CTU 2009.

We filled a table in Dayton 2009 at the Contest Dinner.

We have held quarterly meetings at hamfests across Louisiana, with great
presentations on beginning contesting, antenna stacking, & RTTY contesting.

We held our 2nd election of officers; no one got fired or impeached!

Financially, we took in some, we spent some, and we have some left over!

Now it is time for membership renewals.  Membership is open to all persons
interested in amateur radio contesting.  Please visit
http://www.louisianacontestclub.org/dues.htm  for details.

Thank you again to the contesting community for the support and
encouragement.  We are looking forward to a great 2nd year, and a long
future of camaraderie and competition!

73,
--Scott Dickson, W5WZ
--LCC Secretary/Treasurer