[CQ-Contest] Xtreme category, catch 22

Marc Domen on7ss.oo9o at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:12:35 PDT 2009

Have been looking true this discusion.
For me it seems that these categories only apply to a very limited number of
radioamateurs.

My believe is that the majority of radioamateurs around the world operate
with a very modest station (max 100W, perhaps a beam, more likely diples or
a vertical)
Why make categories for a limited number of amateurs.
Don't forget, the majority of points the big guns get comes from an every
day amateur with limited means.
I, my opinion, would expand the categories for the every day amateur.

"Amateurradio is a hobby, not a proffession."

73 cu a lot of u guys in the next test, listening in specially for the weak
signals

Marc ON7SS - OO9O (the OO9O callsign is my linear, running 100W into a
vertical)