[CQ-Contest] CQWW Xtreme Categories

Craig Smith craig at powersmith.net
Mon Jun 15 17:40:14 PDT 2009

At first I thought this was all rather academic, since I never seriously compete in CQWW and other DX contests due to my 100W and temporary stealth wire antennas due to HOA restrictions.  But I do usually get on during the contest for the purpose of working some new entities for DXCC.  If these contacts will not count for DXCC, I certainly wouldn't even bother getting on the air at all that weekend.  And I bet I'm not the only one.  So this new rule could actually reduce participation by the rank-and-file operators.  In any event, there will no doubt be some unintended consequences which will be as intersting to follow as the technological advances.

          ...  Craig  AC0DS