[CQ-Contest] False Signals

Jim CASSIDY jc_ki7y at q.com
Wed Jun 24 08:10:04 PDT 2009

This thread reminds me of an incident that happened to me when operating from TI5 a few years ago.  I was running DX stations and a heckler came on, high speed CW and repeatedly telling me I was a lid that not all stations were 5NN.  The op was pretty good as he was on my freq and then jump up 1 or 2 wherever I was listening.  Fortunately he was not loud enough to cause any problems and didn't even slow things down.  My friend N7OU was in HI9 the same time and he had the same thing happen.

Also reminds me of the Tree/Trey name swaps.  Some of us in the NW jumped into that when all 10 team members used Tree.
73

Jim Cassidy

KI7Y