[CQ-Contest] adding challenges to field day

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Jun 26 14:23:05 PDT 2009

No, that is not the spirit ... or the letter ... of the thing.  The
Field Day rule separating class D from class E doesn't refer to
"emergency" power.  The relevant term is "commercial" power.  If you use
commercial power, you're class D no matter whether you have a five foot
cord or a five hundred foot cord, whether you plug it in to your shack
or your neighbor's garage, or whether you use it directly or to recharge
a battery during the contest.

Using commercial mains to charge a battery before the start of the
contest is, of course, allowed for all classes.

Dave   AB7E