[CQ-Contest] WPX Plaques - Who should win them?

N7mal n7mal at citlink.net
Mon Mar 2 20:40:12 PST 2009

Richard you are assuming(ass/u/me) a lot of things to be true that are not
necessarily true. You are assuming you are good enough to beat the same guy
year after year. You are assuming the guy is not trying to improve his
station, and his operating technique. If it were 25 years ago and you beat
me twice you wouldn't beat me the third time. Beating me twice would have
been all the incentive I would need to tromp you in the next year. One thing
I've learned about contesting is serious contesters have ego's, giant ego's.
If that second place guy was serious he will get you.
In a lot of contests a second place does get recognized with a certificate.
I learned a long time ago a certificate is a lot more rewarding than just
seeing your name/call in a magazine. Every certificate does automatically
come with a certain amount of bragging rights.
Again just my -2cents worth
73

MAL
N7MAL