[CQ-Contest] Awards: no more wood?

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Tue Mar 3 05:16:21 PST 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 8:21 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:

> How about both!
>
> I think something you can wear is great.  I would bet that the
> winners would
> be happy to pay for a medal or similar.

At first I was thinking that a chest full of medals might be a little
silly, as well as bad for the back of the more successful Ops, but
this has me thinking..

How about really nice pins such as can be worn on a lapel or hat, just
big enough to Identify the contest and class? This might be round,
around an inch or 2.5 cm, either enameled or cast.

Might be interesting when a person has to explain about winning
SOAB......8^)

-73 de Mike N3LI -