[CQ-Contest] DX SSB Logs an AOL Users

Kutzko, Sean, KX9X kx9x at arrl.org
Wed Mar 11 06:50:05 PDT 2009

Hi folks-

I'm getting a few reports from AOL users that there is a problem trying
to email their DX Phone logs to the contest robot.

When sending a mail to dxphone at arrl.org from an AOL email account, AOL
users get an AOL popup window on their screen with the following error
message:

"The message was not sent because of an error with the address
"DXphone at arrl.org".

The mailbox is temporarily unavailable.

Please wait a few minutes and resend the message."

The mailbox dxphone at arrl.org is not experiencing any problems; we have
received over 1400 logs in the last two days without difficulty.

We have confirmed the error message exists only with AOL users, and only
when sending to dxphone at arrl.org; other arrl.org email addresses work
fine.

As the message originates from AOL, and non-AOL users are able to submit
their logs without difficulty, this appears to be a problem on AOL's
end. If you are an AOL user, we recommend the following actions:

1) send your log to DXphone at arrl.org using a different email address if
possible.

2) Contact AOL Technical Support and address the issue.

The DX Phone log submission deadline is well over 3 weeks away.

73,

Sean Kutzko KX9X

ARRL Contest Branch Manager

73,

Sean Kutzko, KX9X
Contest Branch Manager

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111-1494
Telephone: 860-594-0232
Fax: 860-594-0259