[CQ-Contest] [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Sat Mar 14 13:10:12 PDT 2009

One good reason for doing lots of CQing is that you may not be able to break
the pile-ups, especially in the early minutes on a band.  Rather than being
frustrated, you can find a clear frequency and CQ in order to participate.
This is also a good technique for weaker stations (due to location,
propagation, antennas, power, etc.).  Another reason for more CQing compared
to S&P is when you can't find any new stations to work.  If CQing were
somehow "bad", the rules would restrict it even more.

Ed - W0YK