[CQ-Contest] WPX Rules FAQ

Tonno Vahk tonno.vahk at mail.ee
Mon Mar 16 02:32:19 PDT 2009

I feel the "one transmitter" concept is not clear or leaves a lot of room
for interpretation.

Take MS rules.

" Only one transmitter and one band permitted during a 10-minute period.
Exception: One—and only one—other band may be used during a 10-minute period
if—and only if—the station worked is a new multiplier."

So why not say that "Only one signal in the air at any time and one
band..."? Does "one transmitter" mean that only one station (meaning one
transceiver)? We all know that top Multi Op stations often use two stations
per band but limit it to one signal in the air at a time. Top MS and M2
stations are not using just 2 stations also the rules keep talking about two
transmitters.

So should "transmitter" in any case be interpreted as one signal in the air
and endless number of station setups to produce this one signal at a time on
different segments of the band?

If so (which I believe is a common interpretation) why MM rules say "No
limit to transmitters but only one transmitted signal per band"? All
categories should have no limits to transmitters in that sense.

73
Tonno
ES5TV