[CQ-Contest] Do serial numbers in contests hinder participation?

Doug Smith dougw9wi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 08:24:25 PDT 2009

Paul Mackanos - K2DB wrote:
> I remember seeing something in the NY QSO Party comments about serial
> numbers.  Note that two of the most popular state QSO parties (CA and
> PA) both use serial numbers in the exchange.

I would STRONGLY suggest that the CA and PA QSO Parties are the most
popular because those states have large ham populations and because
those QSO Parties have long histories of activity.  They happen to use
serial numbers but I don't think that's *why* they're popular.

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66