[CQ-Contest] Mobile operation uploads to LOTW

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Wed May 6 07:40:23 PDT 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Julius Fazekas wrote:

> I'm curious, what the standard, if any, or preferred method of
> uploading logs to LoTW is for mobile operations?
>
> When I've done these in the past, I did NOT include /m or /county,
> just N2WN by county.
>
> LoTW sees N2WN/m as a unique call compared to N2WN or N2WN/GRA or
> N2WN/qrp or /p...
>
> This means, if the station working me did not upload their lg the
> same as I uploaded mine, there isn't a valid record for either of us.
>
> This might explain lower numbers or "why don't you use LoTW?"
> comments.
>
> A standard seems like the way to go, but not sure there is one.

That is a serious deficiency in LOTW!

Anything to the right of the slash needs to be placed in a lower
priority than that to the left.

That really has to be changed, because it doesn't reflect reality. Ops
will give their call with slashes, (or not)and other Ops will log that
info (or not). Has something to do with being human.

The cure would be a sort of reverse of the duping function in logging
software. Have a hit list that shows similar calls, or only search to
the left of the slash.

-73 de Mike N3LI -