[CQ-Contest] Drugs, Sleep and Contesting

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu May 21 11:35:27 PDT 2009

I was thinking of writing a little piece on this for the Contest
Compendium's section on sleep deprivation.  My memory no doubt has
gaps, but I don't recall any serious discussion of the topic here.  I
think that a couple of years ago there was a flurry of interest in a
drug called Provigil that had been developed for use by people
afflicted with narcolepsy, but that's all I recall.

Obviously, I'm not suggesting a discussion of illegal drug use (no
greenies, please) but I wonder what the collective experience has
been.  Have you tried anything other than the measures suggested in
the Compendium article on Sleep strategies?  See
http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Table_of_Contents#Contest_Operating
for that.

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com