[CQ-Contest] Ban all contest spotting?

K1TTT K1TTT at ARRL.NET
Tue Nov 3 14:46:28 PST 2009

> This is a personal pet peeve of mine, and I think is one of the reasons
> club competition is harmful and should be discontinued.

My station is here ONLY because of club competition.  We win very few
contests outright, and probably won't in the future.  But I can bring out
contesters who don't have their own station to work together for a weekend
to contribute to the club score.  If we were just trying to win for
ourselves it would be very frustrating and I probably wouldn't have
continued for this long.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net