[CQ-Contest] W4PA WRTC

Scott Robbins w4pa at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 20:02:19 PST 2009

>Congratulations, Scott.
>I thought you were "retired from active contesting" as it was announced
>earlier somewhere...

>73  Yuri VE3DZ

Sorry, I'm a few days behind on email.  Life has been hectic plus I managed to come down with some kind of icky bug over the weekend; after spending a couple of days in denial about being sick I finally slept it off all day Tuesday.  It's amazing how much better you feel after a couple gallons of orange juice and 12 consecutive hours of sleep :-)

I announced my own "hiatus" which was later picked up by NS3T's radio-sport.com and published as an article.  I wrote a blog for about three years from 2005-2008 about radio contesting and my experiences with it; when I stopped a little more than a year ago my last post was to the effect that I had to stop for a while for a whole lot of reasons, some radio related, most of them not.

All of this has resolved itself.  I'm over contester shock syndrome; while I have no intention to returning to 20 weekends a year on the air plus trying to maintain a contest station 90 miles from home plus trying to build a contest station in the Caribbean, my time to return to competitive radio contesting has arrived.  I'll be operating CQ WW CW at NQ4I's M/M this month and plan to ease myself back into operating the big contests more or less seriously ... as time allows.

Thanks everyone -- you all are a great bunch of people.  Add me on Facebook as a friend if you're on there; I seem to live there these days.

73
Scott W4PA