[CQ-Contest] SS Musings...

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 06:44:54 PST 2009

Code readers have been in use for many years in SS. With free software, such as
CWGet and DM780, it has become easier than ever. That's fine with me - It
increases CW contesting activity. I think of CW as a digital mode, just like RTTY.

I have a number of friends who started CW contesting using code readers, and
used them as training aids to help them learn CW. Yes, like training wheels on
their bicycle. And just like learning to ride a bicycle, many of them have taken
off the training wheels and now operate contests without using a code reader.

73,
Steve, N2IC