[CQ-Contest] Thank those guys in the rare sections!

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:01:14 PST 2009

 I worked 3 KH6's, 2 KP4's, 2 KP2's and 3 KL7's on 15 meters on Sunday
afternoon. Heard one of the KP2's calling CQ on 40 meters near contest end.
He was 40 over 9 then.

I missed NE and MS. I can't believe I missed MS!

With three hours to go in the contest, I worked VY1EI and VO1MP within a
half hour of each other. I felt for the first time in my life I might be
able to get a clean sweep. I needed SB, RI, MS and NE after that. I worked
RI shortly and started to get excited.

I worked SB with 5 minutes left in the contest. Never  even heard an MS or
NE calling CQ or S&P'ing.
Oh well.

73, Zack W9SZ