[CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules

ha1ag at starjan.hu ha1ag at starjan.hu
Tue Nov 17 05:48:39 PST 2009

>> Hello
>>
>> I think these new rules really, really destroy the M/S and M/2 category
>> in WPX. Now you remove the fun of having a bunch of ops running the
>> contest together. These new rules remove the point of having mult
>> radios
>> which means less operating time for the ops and less fun. A lot of the
>> fun in WPX is the big number of mults that can be worked on the mult
>> radios.
>>

> Hej Mike!
>
> Have you ever worked WPX in M/S class? It is one of the most boring
> contests for multiplier station on Sunday because 95% of mults (of
> mult stn) have been worked on Saturday. New rule keeps both (or
> several) stations busy all Sunday too.
>
> 73 Timo OH1NOA

Timo, do U really call 4 QSOs / hour "busy" ??  :-)  I don't think
what you call "Sunday boredom" is at any time less productive than 4
QSOs / hour...

Mikey and KQ2R is right on this one.

73, Zoli HA1AG

Ps: I still fail to understand what is the real goal of this change
other than solving the "Single transmitter" controversy and I wonder
how many of the decisionmakers operated M/S lately. I mean serious M/S
and not the "beer-and-grill-party-from-a-friend" M/S...