[CQ-Contest] Preliminary 2010 CQ WPX SSB/CW Contest Rules

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 09:11:05 PST 2009

In a message dated 11/19/2009 11:54:34 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ik4wmh at virgilio.it writes:

If I am  running 99 percent of the time and you, that elusive WM5 new
mult, are also  running 99 percent of the time how can I work you?

If I hear you on my  second radio on a slow sunday afternoon am I going
to spend 2 band changes  just to work you? Unlikely.

The result? One less qso and multiplier for  me, one less qso (and
possibly one less multiplier for you) and *LESS FUN*  for both.

Either you will use a second VFO to find WM5R, or more likely use packet
info to find him at a time you both are on the same band;

Or you might drop that 99% running number to 95% and tune the bands a  bit.
 If you do, your old CQ frequency becomes available for someone else  to
use, which makes it a lot MORE FUN for someone else;

Or you don't work WM5R but get some other DR2 to call in to keep  your
multiplier total up.

I like the California QSO Party rules for multi-single: one operator  at a
time doing anything a SO2R single op might do.  Unfortunately  adherence to
this rule is not easy to verify solely from the logs.

73  -  Jim   K8MR