[CQ-Contest] Is holding QRG's legal?

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Nov 23 10:43:27 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:15:40AM -0700, Steve London wrote:
> Ed Muns wrote:
> > It's beyond Single-Op "Unlimited" and is Multi-Op behavior.
> >
> > Ed - W0YK
>
> I wouldn't even say that it is ethical behavior for a multi-op.
>
> Unfortunately, the rules are silent on this.

I would suggest that two stations coordinating that closely together for
the benefit of a single score constitutes a single "contest operation"
using multiple operators, multiple call signs, and multiple transmitters
from multiple locations - which is clearly disallowed.  The log submissions
should be DQ'd.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com