[CQ-Contest] Operating practices heard in SS SSB

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:04:51 PST 2009

Hi Art

I also heard one guy giving out numbers over 2K Sunday evening.  That said,
if one is new to SO2R, and you make a mistake, you can "loose" a number.
What happens is a number is assigned to one radio when you start a QSO.
Start another QSO on the other radio, and it gets assigned the next number.
If you end up loosing the QSO on the first radio for whatever reason, the
number is lost.  I am sure there are other ways to mess up as well,
resulting in unrealistic numbers being given.  See what happens when the
results come out.

Remember - you must give A serial number - it is not a requirement that you
use EVERY number in sequence.

Tom - VE3CX