[CQ-Contest] Operating practices heard in SS SSB

Mike/Shelley Ritz micritz at comcast.net
Mon Nov 23 17:17:51 PST 2009

I want to add that I found the operating courtesy during SS Phone to be well above average, considering how much QRM there was, especially on 20 and 40 meters.

We invited some new local hams to the shack this weekend to experience "contesting beyond field day", and for the most part the "regular" contesters on the other end were very patient in working with "first timers" to get the complicated exchanges done.

Ending QSOs with out an acknowledgment seemed to be limited to just a few stations.

A big KUDOS to the Q (QRP) stations trying to work people through all the QRM. I don't think I could have that much patience. Kudos to them also for having patience to live with us asking over and over for the exchange information because they were fading in and out down in the noise......Not one gave up until they were in the log.

73;
Mike, W7VO