[CQ-Contest] Adjusting live and recorded audio

Tod - ID tod at k0to.us
Tue Nov 24 11:48:37 PST 2009

This is a really interesting and important point. Many folks had hot
recorded audio and really good live audio. I am familiar with many of them
and have heard good audio, real and recorded, from their stations in the
past. That suggests as Pete says, we need to have some good ways to be
certain that the audio we are sending out is going out the way we want it to
be.

In addition to 'hot' there was recorded [and sometimes live] audio that had
a large amount of background sound mixed with the message. Very often that
made the recorded message more difficult to copy. Our radios now often have
several different settings that will affect the 'emitted' audio and
sometimes it is difficult to adjust things to get absolute silence between
words. Maybe someone knows of a place on the web where there are suggestions
on how to achieve this ultimate in "signal to noise" level on the recorded
audio and/or the live audio. If so please pass along the URL.

Tod, K0TO