[CQ-Contest] Watch your dits this weekend

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:55:30 PST 2009

I remember the gates somewhat. I think at one point you had to have been
licensed for 20 years. I think Ernie W9DE, who was a local in the club I was
in back then, got that call in that group. That was in the early 70's, much
earlier than 1976. I can remember we used that call on FD and had all sorts
of difficulties with it on CW. "Whats the rest of ur call?"
:-)

I think there was another gate before I got mine but I forget what it was. I
believe you had to have an Extra class license for at least two years to get
into the second gate in 1976. I'd had mine for 5 years at that time, so the
restrictions on the first gate must've been steeper than that. The third
gate was even more permissive.
73, Zack W9SZ