[CQ-Contest] 1977 vanity calls (was Watch your dits this weekend)

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 08:38:38 PST 2009

Yes, you're right. And those of us who got them didn't have to pay anything
extra and do not have to pay any vanity call fees. I don't recall the words
"vanity call" being used by anyone back then.
I'm still curious about the requirements for the varions "gates" that were
set up by the FCC for availability. My memory ain't what it used to be ...

73, Zack W9SZ