[CQ-Contest] WPX qsl received 31.5 years "late"

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Thu Nov 26 04:28:49 PST 2009

Wow...

My old call (if any of you remember) was WB2VYA.  I just received an envelope from Frank,
WA2VYA, containing, as he put it, "This rare Italian QSL" confirming our WPX qso from March 25, 1978.  Glad Frank kept "his" VYA call or I might not have gotten this card.  :-)

BTW, according to Frank, it came "via the bureau."

Frank and I used to butt heads all the times on the bands.  He was the main reason why I
checked off the "change callsign" box on the FCC form in NYC when I took my Extra exam (yes,
in person at the FCC office....the good ole days).  Thank you Dick Bash.

And no, KR2Q was not a vanity call; it was sequential.

de Doug KR2Q